How To Sell An iPhone 12 Online
Whether you are excited about the launch of the iPhone 14 or are looking to upgrade your iPhone 12 to the iPhone 13, if you’re looking to sell your iPhone 12 and have questions on how to do so, look no further! Below we’ve covered how to determine the value of your phone, how to prepare it for sale, and where to sell it.
Determine The Value of Your iPhone 12
You’ll need to determine the price of your iPhone 12 before you can sell it. There are different factors you need to keep in mind when determining the price.
What condition is your phone in? When examining it, rate your iPhone 12, from excellent condition to broken. You’ll want to look for a few things.
- Dents, scratches, chips
- Water damage
- Cracks in the screen
You’ll also want to evaluate the use of your iPhone 12. Play music or a video and determine the quality of the speakers; is the sound clear, or is it muffled and crackly? Is your model running at the speed it should, or is it operating slower?
For the iPhone 12, there is the iPhone 12 Mini and the iPhone 12 options.
- Display: The mini has a 2340×1080- pixel resolution at 476 PPI, while the iPhone 12 has a 2532×1170-pixel resolution at 460 PPI.
- Size: There is a noticeable difference in both size and weight between the two versions.
The differences in the specs will determine what you can price the iPhone 12 at.
Research Prices of Other iPhone 12 Listings Online
There are other people listing their iPhone12 online; look at their listing. Try to find listings with the same model and condition as your iPhone 12 to get an idea of what to price your listing at.
Decide Where To Sell Your iPhone 12
Once you have determined the condition and value of your phone, the next step is to decide where to sell your iPhone 12. There are different options available online, and we’ve outlined a few to help make your choice easier.
Online marketplaces exist to sell many different things, including your iPhone 12. Online marketplaces are spaces where you can set the price for your product, but some sites will require a commission. These are popular online marketplace options:
- Facebook Marketplace
iPhone 12 Buyback/Trade-In Companies
Companies that buy back and trade in electronics are another option to sell your iPhone 12. One of the places to sell your iPhone 12 is Gizmogo, which is a greener option with benefits.
- Best price guarantee: Once Gizmogo receives your iPhone12, they will professionally evaluate the device; if the condition is better than what you initially selected, they will increase their offer.
- Fast payment: Gizmogo pays out within 1 business day.
- Free device shipping: The company pays for the shipping of your device.
- Data protection: Gizmogo will perform a professional date deletion upon receiving the device.
Prepare iPhone 12 For Sale
There are steps you’re going to have to take to prepare your iPhone 12 for sale to both improve its condition and protect your privacy.
You’ll want to clear any personal data from your iPhone 12 before selling.
- Unpair any devices that are paired to your iPhone 12.
- Use the setup assistant to restore the backup to your new device.
- Erase any personal information and reset the iPhone: photos, text messages, and financial information.
- Go to settings/profiles to delete the carrier profile.
To improve the condition of your iPhone 12, clean its external surface. You’ll want the device to appear as new as possible, so you can get the best deal for it.
- Turn off the iPhone 12 and make sure it’s not plugged in.
- Use a slightly damp, lint-free cloth to clean the surface. Add a little soapy water to the cloth if there are smears or grime.
- Avoid getting water in the openings.
- Don’t use cleaning products or compressed air; they can damage the phone.
For your listing to do well, you’ll want to post high-quality images of your iPhone 12. This can be done with another phone, or you can use a regular camera. It’s ideal to take multiple photos of the phone at different angles to showcase its full exterior.
Try to include photos of the phone in use. This can help assure potential customers that your iPhone 12 is functional.
Sell Your iPhone 13 Online!
There are important pieces of information to take away from this article. When selling your iPhone 12, you want to determine both the condition and specifications of your phone before you can decide on its value. Clean your iPhone 12, both internally and externally, and consider selling to Gizmogo; the site has the best price guarantee, and they have a quick payout.
Good luck with selling your iPhone 12!