How To Sell A Dell Laptop Online
Dell is one of the most popular laptops on the market today for several reasons. They are a reliable name brand, and they have a vast selection of laptops, Chromebooks, and PCs. This makes it easier to sell a Dell laptop online it is such a well-known name and holds value more than an off-market item.
Determine Your Dell Laptop Value
There are several factors that can change the price of a used laptop depending on the specifications:
- Memory – the higher the memory, the higher the value
- Hard drive size – the larger the hard drive, the more you can store on the laptop.
- Graphics capabilities – if your laptop has a high-quality graphics card then you may be able to charge more for it.
Other considerations when looking at the specs of a dell laptop are:
- Size of screen
- Touch screen
- Accessories included
Research Prices of Other dell Laptop Listings Online
Toshiba laptop Buyback/Trade-In Companies
Sites like Gizmogo give you a great option when you are looking at how to sell your Dell laptop for the following reasons:
- Best price guarantee – Gizmogo will assess your product and offer the best price according to specifications and condition. Gizmogo buys phones, laptops, tablets, cameras & more!
- Fast payment – You will be paid within one business day by Paypal, Check, or eCheck.
- Free device shipping – Using UPS or USPs, you will never pay for shipping and a shipping label will be made available to you to send your laptop to them free of charge
- Data protection – Gizmogo will wipe your product clean for you and never give out any personal data to third parties.
Prepare Your Dell Laptop For Sale
Erase Your Dell Laptop
It is important to remove your personal information from the laptop before you sell it. Usually, laptops will have a setting called Factory Image Restore which will wipe the hard drive clean. Make sure you back up important files and remove any banking apps or other programs that may have banking information.
Clean Your Dell Laptop
Several products will help you clean your laptop safely before selling:
- Canned air to clean debris out of the keyboard
- Microfiber cloth to clean the screen
- Cleaning liquid specific to laptop screens and other surfaces
Photograph Your Dell Laptop
As mentioned before, photographs of the entire laptop, including any scratches, dents or other cosmetic damage will help you sell the laptop faster with no issues after the sale. It might also be a good idea to make a video of the laptop being used so you can show it is in good working order.
Sell Your Dell Laptop!
If you follow these steps, you should have no problem selling your Dell laptop for a fair price to a motivated buyer.
Remember the key takeaways:
- Be honest about any damage to the product
- Choose the right marketplace to post your laptop
- Clean the product thoroughly and safely
- Have great photos and video
Remember that places that buy Dell laptops like Gizomogo can also make this process easy and efficient for all of your old electronics.
Frequently Asked Questions
I don't see my device on your list; how can I place my order?
If your device is not listed, place your order as an Unknown Device. Please review our list of accepted electronics to ensure your device falls into one of the classifications. Following our fee-free shipping, we will evaluate your device and send you a quote. If you choose not to sell, your device will be returned to you free of charge!
Do you accept old and damaged devices?
Yes! We accept a vast amount of different electronic devices regardless of condition. To find out how much your damaged device is worth, locate your device on our website, select your model, and indicate the condition to receive an instant quote. If it has any value, we will compensate you accordingly. Otherwise, we would recycle it responsibly for you
You evaluated my device, and the payment amount differs from the quote I received when I first placed my order; what happened?
There are a few reasons why the quoted payment can change following our evaluation:
- You did not accurately select the condition of the device (most common).
- The device has defects that are not indicated on your order.
- You chose the wrong device or device model when completing your order.
Our customer service team is happy to answer any additional questions about changes to your quote
My device has had a case and screen protector since I originally purchased it, and you're trying to tell me it has screen scratches. Can you explain?
Our grading standard is different from what people usually would think. Our professional technicians base their evaluation on the quality of factors such as the
- USB Charging Port
It is common for people to believe their phone is ‘like new,’ only to have a slightly different definition of the term compared to the industry standards.
My laptop isn't on your list; how can I determine its worth?
If you don’t see your device on our list, email us at email@example.com for your free quote. Include the device brand, model, and serial number in your message. We will have our technician deliver an estimate within 24 hours.
Lenovo launches Chromebook and ThinkPad updates
A pair of $440 5i Chromebooks are bound to please. Mobile World...
Laptops, Cell Phones, and eGames Defied Slump as COVID-19 Dented 2020’s Electronics Sales
Foreseen drop in 2020 sales-related e-waste: 4.9 million metric tonnes or ~6.4%; Pandemic...
Samsung Unpacked reveals new Galaxy Book series
Dubbed “the most powerful Galaxy ever”. Samsung has unveiled its new selection...
Apple’s FaceTime coming to Android phones
Apple users can finally video call their Android friends using FaceTime. The...