You would be hard-pressed to find someone who has never heard of Toshiba brand. While they may not be in the computing business anymore, Toshiba laptops are still in existence and of high quality. When you are looking to sell your Toshiba laptop online, there are some things you should look at:
Determine Your Toshiba Laptop Value
Examine the exterior of the laptop casing as well as the condition of the keyboard and touchpad. The minor nicks and dents that come with use shouldn't be a problem to anyone purchasing a used laptop. The buyer will want to know if there is any real damage to the unit, like water damage or buttons that have lost their touch sensitivity. Remember that honesty is the best policy.
How to sell your Toshiba laptop starts with the specs. The price of a used laptop can depend on many factors:
- Hard drive – how much data you can store
- Ram – how quickly can you access programs
- Processor – how quickly the computer will access complex programs
- Size – the size of the screen, the bulkiness of the laptop
- Graphics capabilities – can you use it for gaming?
Research Prices of Other Toshiba Laptop Listings Online
Unfortunately, there is no blue book for laptops, but there are enough sites that sell Toshiba laptops that you should be able to get an estimate of what the unit is worth.
Decide Where To Sell Your Toshiba Laptop
Where to sell your Toshiba laptop can be a tricky question. Several online marketplaces exist where you can sell your Toshiba laptop, including eBay and Craigslist. There are other places that will purchase your used laptop with a gift card for their sites, like Amazon, Apple, and Best Buy.
Toshiba Laptop Buyback/Trade-In Companies
If you want to make the process of selling your old electronics as painless as possible, then use places that buy Toshiba laptops, like Gizmogo. They offer step-by-step instructions on how to sell your laptop, leaving out any guesswork and ensuring you get the right price for your used item.
- Best price guarantee – Gizmogo buys phones, laptops, tablets, cameras & more! Their professionals will assess your item and the condition it is in and give you the best price possible.
- Fast payment – Within one business day, you will have your money deposited by Paypal, Check, or eCheck once an agreement is reached.
- Free device shipping – Gizmogo will send you a label to ship your laptop to them at no charge.
- Personal data protection – This company is interested in keeping you happy and that includes wiping your laptop clean of any personal information.
Prepare Your Toshiba Laptop For Sale
Erase Your Toshiba Laptop
Before you let that laptop out of your sight, you need to do a restore on the hard drive. This means you are bringing the unit back to factory settings and erasing all of the personal information. This is especially important if you use your laptop for banking or online purchases.
Clean Your Toshiba Laptop
After months or years of use, there is a buildup of oil and dirt on most laptop keyboards and screens. Using canned air, microfiber cloths, and cleaning liquids can bring that Toshiba back to the pristine condition it was in before you started using it. It is important for the laptop to be clean for this next step.
Photograph Your Toshiba Laptop
Taking high-quality, detailed photos of your laptop is crucial to selling it at a decent price. If you want to get the full amount you're asking for, buyers need to see every inch of the unit in high-quality color. Video of the item being used, booted up, and a game being played to see the speed is a good idea as well.
Sell Your Toshiba Laptop!
Once you have accomplished these tasks, then sit back and let the bidding war begin. The key to selling your laptop at the price you want and quickly is:
- Take great pictures
- Accurately describe the laptop
- Clean it to a factory shine
- Wipe the drive clean of any personal information
- Post it on an appropriate site
Sites like Gizmogo can make selling your laptop as easy as 1-2-3-4 by doing the hard work for you. All you have to do is collect your cash.