Hewlett Packard is a name that is synonymous with quality and reliability. The company has been in business since 1939 so you know if you want to sell an HP laptop online, the quality of the name won’t be an issue.
There are some other factors you will want to consider when you want to sell your laptop.
Determine Your HP Laptop Value
How to sell your HP laptop successfully depends on the specifications. You can find out the specifications of your laptop by looking in the control panel in the About menu.
Some words to look for:
- RAM – the amount of RAM in a laptop is important because it will dictate the speed at which the laptop can switch from one program to another
- Hard drive – How much you can store on your HP laptop is important for buyers
- Processor – the type of processor and speed is important for a buyer who may be purchasing the laptop for something other than just word processing.
There are a few more things to consider when selling your HP laptop:
- Graphics card
- Type and size of the screen
- What kind of accessories are included
Research Prices of Other HP Laptop Listings Online
Once you have figured out the specifications of your unit, you will want to check out what other used laptops with similar characteristics are selling for.
Decide Where To Sell Your HP Laptop
HP Laptop Buyback/Trade-In Companies
Places that buy HP laptops such as Gizmogo make the process of selling your electronics easy and pain-free.
They do this in the following four ways:
- They guarantee the best price – Gizmogo uses professionals to inspect your electronics and figure out the best price using different criteria. Gizmogo buys phones, laptops, tablets, cameras & more!
- Quick and easy payment – Gizmogo offers payment options such as PayPal, Check and Check and you get paid within one business day.
- Free device shipping – Download a free shipping label once you have completed the process on Gizmogo’s site and drop it off to be shipped at no charge.
- Your data is protected – Gizmogo will remove your personal information from the device and never share it with a third party.
Prepare Your HP Laptop For Sale
Erase Your HP Laptop
Clean Your HP Laptop
No one wants to buy a dirty laptop. You should wipe the unit down thoroughly before taking pictures. Some items you will need:
- A microfiber cloth that will clean the screen without scratching it.
- A canned air canister to blow the dirt out of the keys.
- A liquid cleaner specifically made for electronics, so it doesn’t leave smudges.
Photograph Your HP Laptop
Sell Your HP Laptop!
Following some simple steps should have you on your way to selling your HP laptop:
- Clean the product well
- Be descriptive and open about the condition of the item
- Post your laptop in relevant and appropriate marketplaces
- Use high-quality photos to show the laptop
When you want an easy way to sell your electronics with little effort, sites like Gizmogo can make the process easy and get you a great price.