How to Sell An HP Laptop Online
Hewlett Packard is a name that is synonymous with quality and reliability. The company has been in business since 1939 so you know if you want to sell an HP laptop online, the quality of the name won’t be an issue.
There are some other factors you will want to consider when you want to sell your HP laptop.
Determine Your HP Laptop Value
How to sell your HP laptop successfully depends on the specifications. You can find out the specifications of your laptop by looking in the control panel in the About menu.
Some words to look for:
- RAM – the amount of RAM in a laptop is important because it will dictate the speed at which the laptop can switch from one program to another
- Hard drive – How much you can store on your HP laptop is important for buyers
- Processor – the type of processor and speed is important for a buyer who may be purchasing the laptop for something other than just word processing.
There are a few more things to consider when selling your HP laptop:
- Graphics card
- Type and size of the screen
- What kind of accessories are included
Research Prices of Other HP Laptop Listings Online
Once you have figured out the specifications of your unit, you will want to check out what other used laptops with similar characteristics are selling for.
Decide Where To Sell Your HP Laptop
HP Laptop Buyback/Trade-In Companies
Places that buy HP laptops such as Gizmogo make the process of selling your electronics easy and pain-free.
They do this in the following four ways:
- They guarantee the best price – Gizmogo uses professionals to inspect your electronics and figure out the best price using different criteria. Gizmogo buys phones, laptops, tablets, cameras & more!
- Quick and easy payment – Gizmogo offers payment options such as PayPal, Check and Check and you get paid within one business day.
- Free device shipping – Download a free shipping label once you have completed the process on Gizmogo’s site and drop it off to be shipped at no charge.
- Your data is protected – Gizmogo will remove your personal information from the device and never share it with a third party.
Prepare Your HP Laptop For Sale
Erase Your HP Laptop
Clean Your HP Laptop
No one wants to buy a dirty laptop. You should wipe the unit down thoroughly before taking pictures. Some items you will need:
- A microfiber cloth that will clean the screen without scratching it.
- A canned air canister to blow the dirt out of the keys.
- A liquid cleaner specifically made for electronics, so it doesn’t leave smudges.
Photograph Your HP Laptop
Sell Your HP Laptop!
Following some simple steps should have you on your way to selling your HP laptop:
- Clean the product well
- Be descriptive and open about the condition of the item
- Post your laptop in relevant and appropriate marketplaces
- Use high-quality photos to show the laptop
When you want an easy way to sell your electronics with little effort, sites like Gizmogo can make the process easy and get you a great price.
Frequently Asked Questions
I don't see my device on your list; how can I place my order?
If your device is not listed, place your order as an Unknown Device. Please review our list of accepted electronics to ensure your device falls into one of the classifications. Following our fee-free shipping, we will evaluate your device and send you a quote. If you choose not to sell, your device will be returned to you free of charge!
Do you accept old and damaged devices?
Yes! We accept a vast amount of different electronic devices regardless of condition. To find out how much your damaged device is worth, locate your device on our website, select your model, and indicate the condition to receive an instant quote. If it has any value, we will compensate you accordingly. Otherwise, we would recycle it responsibly for you
You evaluated my device, and the payment amount differs from the quote I received when I first placed my order; what happened?
There are a few reasons why the quoted payment can change following our evaluation:
- You did not accurately select the condition of the device (most common).
- The device has defects that are not indicated on your order.
- You chose the wrong device or device model when completing your order.
Our customer service team is happy to answer any additional questions about changes to your quote
My device has had a case and screen protector since I originally purchased it, and you're trying to tell me it has screen scratches. Can you explain?
Our grading standard is different from what people usually would think. Our professional technicians base their evaluation on the quality of factors such as the
- USB Charging Port
It is common for people to believe their phone is ‘like new,’ only to have a slightly different definition of the term compared to the industry standards.
My laptop isn't on your list; how can I determine its worth?
If you don’t see your device on our list, email us at email@example.com for your free quote. Include the device brand, model, and serial number in your message. We will have our technician deliver an estimate within 24 hours.
Lenovo launches Chromebook and ThinkPad updates
A pair of $440 5i Chromebooks are bound to please. Mobile World...
Laptops, Cell Phones, and eGames Defied Slump as COVID-19 Dented 2020’s Electronics Sales
Foreseen drop in 2020 sales-related e-waste: 4.9 million metric tonnes or ~6.4%; Pandemic...
Samsung Unpacked reveals new Galaxy Book series
Dubbed “the most powerful Galaxy ever”. Samsung has unveiled its new selection...
Apple’s FaceTime coming to Android phones
Apple users can finally video call their Android friends using FaceTime. The...