Pros & Cons Of Selling Stuff Online
In 2020, we have seen a lot of young entrepreneurs starting their small business because the pandemic gave them the opportunity to pursue something they love. For many, it was a means of survival; for others it was an idea born out of the leisure time they had on their hands.
While the major portion of online retail businesses are selling brand new products, a small segment is selling pre-owned stuff as well. The pandemic has pushed people to switch to a more sustainable way of living which has given rise to the idea of selling used gadgets, clothes, furniture and other stuff.
For instance, if you enter the words sell my headphones on a search engine, you’ll find a reasonable deal on a headphone you love. On the other hand, Instagram has a lot of pages dedicated to thrift stores selling pre-owned clothes from top-tier brands.
However appealing it may sound, the idea of online retailing online does have some drawbacks. Let’s look at both the pros and cons of selling stuff online:
- Since there are no limitations, you can sell anywhere across the globe. This increases your reach and your income as your customer base is beyond geographical boundaries.
- There is high convenience as customers can buy at any hour of the day regardless of the time differences.
- Any customer who walks into a physical store will most definitely research about it online. If they find something appealing at a good rate online, they will most like order it rather than going out to the store.
- When you sell your headphones online, for instance, you can easily track similar vendors and review their price points. This provides you the information to work on your pricing strategy for better chances of sales.
- You can promote deals and offers easily to attract customers at minimal prices as compared to offline strategies like hoarding display boards and print publications.
- For ecommerce websites, it becomes easy to identify visitor details and patterns. For instance, how many visitors a page has and which customer did not go through a purchase.
- Billing and processing becomes more streamlined when the payments are being made online. There are no confusions related to amounts between employers and staff.
- The digital sales market is rife with competition. No matter what products or services you sell, there is always some other vendor selling the same thing at competitive rates. To stand out from the crowd, it is crucial to devise a SEO strategy and invest in a good social media marketing campaign.
- Pictures may not convey the look and quality of a product in the best possible way. This may make it difficult to convince customers to go ahead with a purchase. To overcome this, invest in getting a good photographer to click pictures and videos of your products, and a content writer to convey the product specifications effectively through words.
Gizmogo’s mission has been simple – make it easy for you to sell your used gadgets at the highest price with the fastest payment possible. Our team members believe your once cherished device sitting in your drawer has more value in being re-purposed and given a new life. We take your device and give it to someone who will enjoy it the same way you once did. That’s why Gizmogo strives to create a seamless customer experience that enables people to see the full potential and value of their devices. Our goal is to extend the life-cycle of technology while reducing the impact on our environment and passing the value onto our customers!
Frequently Asked Questions
I don't see my device on your list; how can I place my order?
If your device is not listed, place your order as an Unknown Device. Please review our list of accepted electronics to ensure your device falls into one of the classifications. Following our fee-free shipping, we will evaluate your device and send you a quote. If you choose not to sell, your device will be returned to you free of charge!
Do you accept old and damaged devices?
Yes! We accept a vast amount of different electronic devices regardless of condition. To find out how much your damaged device is worth, locate your device on our website, select your model, and indicate the condition to receive an instant quote. If it has any value, we will compensate you accordingly. Otherwise, we would recycle it responsibly for you
You evaluated my device, and the payment amount differs from the quote I received when I first placed my order; what happened?
There are a few reasons why the quoted payment can change following our evaluation:
- You did not accurately select the condition of the device (most common).
- The device has defects that are not indicated on your order.
- You chose the wrong device or device model when completing your order.
Our customer service team is happy to answer any additional questions about changes to your quote
My device has had a case and screen protector since I originally purchased it, and you're trying to tell me it has screen scratches. Can you explain?
Our grading standard is different from what people usually would think. Our professional technicians base their evaluation on the quality of factors such as the
- USB Charging Port
It is common for people to believe their phone is ‘like new,’ only to have a slightly different definition of the term compared to the industry standards.
My laptop isn't on your list; how can I determine its worth?
If you don’t see your device on our list, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your free quote. Include the device brand, model, and serial number in your message. We will have our technician deliver an estimate within 24 hours.
Maximizing Value: Considerations For Selling Your PS4
Are you considering selling your PS4? Maybe you feel that your PS4...
Lenovo launches Chromebook and ThinkPad updates
A pair of $440 5i Chromebooks are bound to please. Mobile World...
Laptops, Cell Phones, and eGames Defied Slump as COVID-19 Dented 2020’s Electronics Sales
Foreseen drop in 2020 sales-related e-waste: 4.9 million metric tonnes or ~6.4%; Pandemic...
Samsung Unpacked reveals new Galaxy Book series
Dubbed “the most powerful Galaxy ever”. Samsung has unveiled its new selection...