Apple is going green; Gizmogo is going green – Why sustainable companies matter?
The recent revelation of Apple to reduce the overall electronic waste and use of cardboard in packaging to help become more sustainable in operations is a welcoming sight to see. Their plans for the future are a stretch even for a company with trillion dollars worth.
The recent pandemic, along with the earth’s overall condition, has pushed people to look at the consequences of the deeds. Also, the revelation that individuals alone cannot have enough impact on the environment to make a significant change has become abundantly clear during the pandemic.
While many companies refuse to look at their role of hurting the environment, some innovative businesses are looking to improve their environmentally viable practices. One such company is Apple.
On the other hand, companies like Gizmogo have a foundation based on environment-friendliness. The company focuses on reusing and recycling electronics to help reduce e-waste and improve the life-cycle of electronics. Also, they have the initiative to help grow trees whenever someone makes a sale on the website.
The importance of sustainable companies
There is a dire need for sustainable companies in the world for the following reasons.
1. They will help shape a better future: Companies that support sustainability have a competitive edge over their competitors as people are demanding products that do not hurt the environment. The rise of sustainable companies means investment in finding ways to do better for the earth. Overall, it translates to better technological advancement that will include a better world with advanced and sustainable technology in the future.
2. Less greenhouse gas emissions: If the companies truly invest time, energy, and money in creating a sustainable business, they will reduce the overall carbon emission in the world. Greenhouse gases are responsible for climate change that is causing several issues in the world.
3. Less pollution: With sustainable companies, you can expect less pollution in the air, water bodies, and land. The idea of reduction and recycling ensures that pollution is reduced if not stopped entirely.
4. Better employee benefits: Creating a sustainable business does not stop at environmental benefits. Sustainable growth has a lot to do with giving people working for the company a fair wage and appropriate benefits. It encourages loyalty among the people and makes the organization better.
5. Steps for a better environment: A sustainable business reduces the activities that negatively impact the environment and takes steps to help the environment heal. Some companies, like Gizmogo, plant trees to help the world recover from the damages. The active steps to help reduce the injury can help businesses either become carbon neutral or carbon negative. The lesser the carbon footprint, the better the company is for the world.
Wrapping it up
Frequently Asked Questions
I don't see my device on your list; how can I place my order?
If your device is not listed, place your order as an Unknown Device. Please review our list of accepted electronics to ensure your device falls into one of the classifications. Following our fee-free shipping, we will evaluate your device and send you a quote. If you choose not to sell, your device will be returned to you free of charge!
Do you accept old and damaged devices?
Yes! We accept a vast amount of different electronic devices regardless of condition. To find out how much your damaged device is worth, locate your device on our website, select your model, and indicate the condition to receive an instant quote. If it has any value, we will compensate you accordingly. Otherwise, we would recycle it responsibly for you
You evaluated my device, and the payment amount differs from the quote I received when I first placed my order; what happened?
There are a few reasons why the quoted payment can change following our evaluation:
- You did not accurately select the condition of the device (most common).
- The device has defects that are not indicated on your order.
- You chose the wrong device or device model when completing your order.
Our customer service team is happy to answer any additional questions about changes to your quote
My device has had a case and screen protector since I originally purchased it, and you're trying to tell me it has screen scratches. Can you explain?
Our grading standard is different from what people usually would think. Our professional technicians base their evaluation on the quality of factors such as the
- USB Charging Port
It is common for people to believe their phone is ‘like new,’ only to have a slightly different definition of the term compared to the industry standards.
My laptop isn't on your list; how can I determine its worth?
If you don’t see your device on our list, email us at email@example.com for your free quote. Include the device brand, model, and serial number in your message. We will have our technician deliver an estimate within 24 hours.
Maximizing Value: Considerations For Selling Your PS4
Are you considering selling your PS4? Maybe you feel that your PS4...
Lenovo launches Chromebook and ThinkPad updates
A pair of $440 5i Chromebooks are bound to please. Mobile World...
Laptops, Cell Phones, and eGames Defied Slump as COVID-19 Dented 2020’s Electronics Sales
Foreseen drop in 2020 sales-related e-waste: 4.9 million metric tonnes or ~6.4%; Pandemic...
Samsung Unpacked reveals new Galaxy Book series
Dubbed “the most powerful Galaxy ever”. Samsung has unveiled its new selection...