If you’re like most Americans these days, chances are you have a smartwatch sitting in a drawer somewhere. Maybe it was a gift you didn’t really want. Maybe it was the latest and greatest thing a year or two ago, but now it seems outdated. Or maybe you bought it with the best intentions of getting healthier and more organised but lost interest after the newness wore off you have to be aware of the resell value of smartwatches that you are not using anymore.
Whatever the reason, that lonely smartwatch represents sunk costs for you. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Believe it or not, your unused smartwatch could still have significant cash value if you sell it to the right buyer. In this blog post, we’ll break down exactly how and where to sell your smartwatch for top dollar.
The Burgeoning Secondhand Smartwatch Market
Smartwatches represent one of the fastest-growing consumer electronics categories over the past decade. As smartwatches gained mainstream popularity in the mid-2010s, demand increased exponentially. In turn, companies raced to develop and release newer, more advanced models each year and even more, the resell value of smartwatches is higher.
For consumers, this created an environment where perfectly good smartwatches become “obsolete” less than two years after purchase. Consequently, the secondhand smartwatch market started ballooning with lightly used models.
In 2022 alone, Americans spent over $20 billion on brand-new smartwatches. But millions of older generation smartwatches sat unused in homes across the country. This created a prime opportunity for secondhand dealers to buy used smartwatches and resell them to new owners.
The secondhand smartwatch market shows no signs of slowing down either, and the resell value of smartwatches keeps going even higher. In fact, it’s projected to grow by 15-20% annually over the next three to five years. So, if you have an unused Apple Watch, Fitbit, or Samsung smartwatch, now is the time to unload it and get some cash back in your pocket!
Deciding If Your Smartwatch Holds Resale Value
With growing consumer demand driving the secondhand smartwatch market, you may be wondering if your unused device could still be worth something. The resell value of smartwatches depends largely on four key factors:
- Brand/Model – Unsurprisingly, the brand and specific model of your smartwatch determines resale potential above everything else. As a general rule, Apple Watches and higher-end Samsung Galaxy watches tend to hold value very well year after year. For example, a used Apple Watch Series 5 still sells for $150+ today, even though it originally retailed for $400+ in 2019. Mid-range and budget smartwatch models don’t hold value nearly as well but can still fetch reasonable resale pricing if bought within the past 1-3 years. Fitbits, Garmins, and other niche brands have decent secondhand markets, too, when it comes to reselling the value of smartwatches.
- Age – The older your smartwatch, the less valuable it tends to be on the open market. Different models hold their value for different periods of time. iPhones tend to remain in demand for 3-5+ years after initial launch. Android smartwatches and Fitbits dip in value more quickly – closer to 2-3 years on average. The newest generation models always retain the highest secondary value.
- Condition – The smartwatch condition is pivotal in resale value calculations. If your device has any significant visible scratches, cracks, water damage, or technical issues, expect to take a resale haircut. However, if the device works flawlessly and shows only minor cosmetic flaws, you’ll likely recoup 60% or more of the original sticker price. Packaging and accessories also boost value – the more complete the set, the better.
- Supply & Demand Environment – The current supply and demand economics for any particular make/model determine market clearing secondhand prices. Times of global silicon shortages or supply chain squeezes often make new smartwatches hard to come by. When this happens, buyers flock to the secondhand market for good-conditioned models, which drives up their cash value significantly, and the resell value of smartwatches goes higher. It pays to watch the market.
Why sell your used Smartwatch is important for the environment?
Selling your used smartwatch is not only beneficial for your wallet but also for the environment. As technology advances at a rapid pace, many people upgrade their smartwatches frequently, leaving their previous devices unused. By selling your used smartwatch, you contribute to the circular economy by extending the product’s lifespan and reducing electronic waste.
Reusing and recycling electronic devices is crucial for the environment as they contain harmful substances that can be released during improper disposal methods. Additionally, selling your smartwatch allows someone else to enjoy its features without the need to manufacture a new one, thus conserving resources and reducing carbon emissions associated with production. So, selling your used smartwatch is not only a smart financial decision but also an important step towards promoting sustainability and protecting the environment.
Where can you sell your Smartwatch for top value?
Once you’ve determined that your unused smartwatch likely still holds resale value, the next step is finding the best marketplace to sell it.
There may be numerous platforms out there to assess the resell value of your smartwatches and even sell them, but still, there is a shortage of legitimate ones for assessing the resell value of smartwatches. There is going to be lots of confusion in selecting the appropriate one, and even more, there will be higher chances that you are getting scammed by the platform.
Therefore, it is important for you to be correct in selecting the perfect platform to sell your smartwatches, and one is Gizmogo. This platform has all the qualities that an authentic one should have. It also gives you the right value for smartwatches and gadgets that you are willing to resell.
For most Americans with an unused smartwatch or two lying around, these specialized buyback companies offer an optimal way to recover maximum cash value with minimal hassle. But it’s important to deal only with established, reputable firms when selling your costly Apple Watch or Galaxy smartwatch sight unseen to assess the resell value of smartwatches.
Why does Gizmogo Offer the best Smartwatch Buyback Value?
Here at Gizmogo, we pride ourselves on being America’s most trusted buyer of used smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, and other consumer electronics. We make the selling process smooth and convenient:
- FREE shipping label provided to send devices to our facility
- Instant quotes after they the resell value of smartwatches you possess after answering a few brief questions
- Fast inspection upon arrival with any condition issues communicated
- Payment is issued within 24 hours of verification via PayPal or direct deposit
Most importantly, Gizmogo strives to pay top dollar for high-demand smartwatches like the Apple Watch Series 5/6/7. Our deep ties with export partners in South America, Asia, Europe, and Africa allow us to monetize secondhand devices better than competitors. Those global demand dynamics translate into great cash offers passed onto everyday Americans like you!
So if your drawer contains a lonely Apple Watch you haven’t strapped on for months or a Galaxy smartwatch replaced with your newest iPhone, cash out while global demand helps maximize value. It only takes 60 seconds to get an initial quote on Gizmogo’s website. Why not take a few moments while enjoying your morning coffee and see what your device is worth?
You have nothing to lose and plenty of spending money to gain. Remember that a smartwatch sitting unused represents wasted value slowly declining each month. Now is the optimal time to capture residual value and breathe new financial life into forgotten devices.
Smartwatch Comparison Table – Some Samples
|Apple Watch Series 8
|Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
|Fitbit Sense 2
|Garmin Forerunner 265S
|Amazfit Bip 3 Pro
|Wear OS 3.5
|Always-on LTPO OLED
|Always-on Super AMOLED
|Always-on transflective MIP
|Always-on transflective TFT
|Up to 18 hours
|Up to 56 hours
|Up to 6 days
|Up to 13 days
|Up to 14 days
|ECG, Blood Oxygen, Sleep Tracking, Fall Detection, Fitness Tracking
|ECG, Blood Oxygen, Sleep Tracking, Fitness Tracking
|Stress Tracking, Sleep Tracking, Skin Temperature, Fitness Tracking
|Advanced Running Metrics, VO2 Max, Recovery Advisor, Fitness Tracking
|Sleep Tracking, PAI Health Assessment, Fitness Tracking
|Notifications, Calls, Texts, Apps, Siri
|Notifications, Calls, Texts, Apps, Bixby
|Notifications, Calls, Texts, Apps, Google Assistant
|Notifications, Calls, Texts, Apps, Music Storage
|Notifications, Calls, Texts, Apps
|Sapphire crystal glass
|Gorilla Glass DX+
|Gorilla Glass 3
|Corning Gorilla Glass 3
|Sleek and modern
|Sporty and stylish
|Sleek and minimalist
|Sporty and rugged
|Casual and affordable
Conclusion – Seize This Hidden Opportunity
We started this blog post exploring the booming secondhand smartwatch market and why it now presents such a unique opportunity. With millions of used smartwatches out in the wild – many in great condition with years of utility left – buyback companies offer a way to unlock dormant value.
Specialized firms like Gizmogo assess the resell value of smartwatches and buy them into global secondary markets where demand thrives for categories like Apple Watch and Galaxy Gear. We pay top dollar because our export channels maximize profits on reselling your devices overseas.
So, if you have a gently used Apple Watch, Fitbit, Garmin, or Samsung smartwatch lying around, get an instant quote today from Gizmogo. Let us breathe new financial life into your forgotten smart devices while global demand still pushes secondhand prices upward. You have nothing to lose!