The iPhone 14 is set to release this September! With all of the excitement growing about it, you may be wondering what to do with your iPhone 13 model once you’ve upgraded. We’ve got you covered!
Determine The Value of Your iPhone 13
Before you can sell your iPhone 13 online, you want to determine its value. The value of your iPhone comes from different qualifications.
One of the most important factors that are going to impact the value of your iPhone 13 is the condition it’s in. Are there scratches and dents? Is there water damage? Any external or internal damage? Is the iPhone running slower than it should? These are questions you need to have in mind when you are evaluating your iPhone 13.
The four common conditions to validate your phone are excellent, good, fair, and broken.
- Excellent: a few small scratches, fully functional, signed out of accounts, find my iPhone is turned off, no water damage
- Good: some scratches, no Nicks or dents, fully functional, signed out of accounts
- Fair: scratches and dents visible, fully functional with signs of use, no water damage
- Broken: device has issues with cracked glass, a bad microphone, a low-quality speaker, and a bad camera.
Another factor that determines the price of your iPhone 13 is the different specifications it has. The iPhone 13 is a series, and each of the different phones has different specs. You’ll want to consider each of these different specifications as you determine the value of your iPhone.
- Storage: The different storage options are 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB.
- Battery: Each of the phones in the iPhone13 series has a different battery lifes.
- Camera: The devices in the iPhone 13 series have different numbers of cameras, and their lenses are different.
Size: The devices vary in size.
- Display: Does the display have a 120Hz refresh rate?
Research Prices of Other iPhone 13 Listings Online
An easy way to determine the value of your iPhone 13 is to research the prices of other iPhone 13 listings online. You’ll want to find a device that is not only the same model as yours but is in relatively the same condition. Once you locate listings that are similar to the model and condition of your iPhone 13, you’ll have an idea of the price range you should set yours at.
Decide Where to Sell Your iPhone 13
Of course, you’re going to have to decide where to sell your iPhone 13. There are plenty of options available, and sometimes it can be confusing or overwhelming. We’ve outlined several different places you can look to sell your iPhone 13.
There are online marketplaces available to sell your iPhone 13. You’ll be able to set your own prices, but some of these sites require a commission. The top four online marketplaces to sell your iPhone 13 are:
- Facebook Marketplace
iPhone 13 Buyback/Trade-In Companies
There are also buy-back and trade-in companies where you can sell your iPhone 13 too. One of the places that buy’s iPhone 13’s is Gizmogo
Gizmogo is a popular, greener option for selling your iPhone 13. Selling to the company has multiple benefits, including:
- Best price guarantee: When you sell your device to Gizmogo, you select the condition. Once the company receives the device, they will professionally evaluate the device; if the condition is better than you selected, they will increase their offer.
- Fast payment: Gizmogo pays within 1 business day through your selected payment method.
- Free device shipping: They will pay for the shipping of your device.
- Data protection: Gizmogo performs a professional date deletion upon receiving the device.
Prepare iPhone For Sale
Once you have decided to sell your iPhone 13 and have determined its value, you’ll need to prepare the iPhone 13 for sale.
Before you sell your iPhone 13, you’ll want to clear the data from it first. Here are a few things you should do:
- If your iPhone 13 is paired with an Apple Watch or any other accessories, unpair and forget them.
- When replacing an iPhone with another, use the setup assistant to restore the backup to your new iPhone.
- Erase anything that contains personal information and reset the iPhone. This includes photos, text messages, and any financial information. You want the phone to be as clear as when you received it.
- To delete the carrier, you’re going to want to go to settings/profiles and delete the carrier profile.
Another task you need to perform when preparing to sell your iPhone 13 is to clean it. You want to make it look as new as possible to get the best deal for it.
- You need to unplug it from the cables and turn it off
- Use a soft, lint-free cloth- like a lens cloth – and slightly dampen it.
- If there is still Grime or smudges on the iPhone 13, add a little warm soapy water to the cloth. Use a gentle cleanser, like Dawn
- Avoid getting any water or moisture in the openings
- Avoid using cleaning products or compressed air on your iPhone 13.
To help a listing do well, it’s important to take quality pictures of the iPhone 13. You can do this with a camera or another phone; it just needs to have a clear focus.
Quality photos show the condition of the phone, and that can help people take notice and grow interested.
Sell Your iPhone 13 Online!
Remember that when you’re selling your iPhone 13, you’ll want to determine the condition and specification before you can determine the value, and you’ll want to physically and internally clean the device. Gizmogo has the best price guarantee, so you’ll get your money’s worth through them.
Good luck selling your iPhone 13, and we hope you get a good deal!